Our vision is a world where everyone has access to books that will enrich, improve and change their lives.
Our mission is to give people around the world who lack access to books the opportunity to read for pleasure, study and lifelong learning.
What we believe
These core beliefs underpin all of our work:
- Books give people power. They inform and inspire, and help people create a better, more equal future
- Everyone should experience the power of books. Everybody everywhere should have access to books, whatever their circumstances
- Partnerships are vital. By working together we can create sustainable change and give more people the opportunity to read
Our values define who we are, and how we treat everyone we work with:
- Respect. We listen to everyone’s views, and learn from each other
- Empathy. We care about people as individuals, and what they bring to our community
- Accountability. We are open and transparent, and take responsibility for our actions
- Dedication. We work together to get things done, and are driven to do more
We work for a world where everyone has the opportunity to read.
We work with partners to make sure books that will have the biggest impact go where they are needed most.
Between now and 2025 we will focus on creating the opportunity to read for people who face the greatest barriers to learning.