Every year, we provide more than one million books to communities worldwide.
As you read this, thousands of books from Book Aid International are travelling the globe and thousands more are already in the hands of children and adults who would otherwise not have access to books.
If you believe in the power of books and want to be part of a mission motivated team, please find opportunities below.
About our charity
We are a small team making a big impact. We have staff in the UK and Kenya.
Looking after our staff is a huge priority for us, and we are committed to ensuring a supportive and inclusive culture.
Our values define who we are, and how we treat everyone we work with:
- Respect. We listen to everyone’s views, and learn from each other
- Empathy. We care about people as individuals, and what they bring to our community
- Accountability. We are open and transparent, and take responsibility for our actions
- Dedication. We work together to get things done, and are driven to do more
We strive to make Book Aid International a great place to work. Wellbeing, inclusion, workplace environments and personal development is at the heart of what we do.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome colleagues from all walks of life. We believe that every individual has the right to be their true self and we value the diversity individuals bring to our organisation.
Working at Book Aid International is incredibly rewarding because of the nature of what we do and we continually assess salaries to ensure they are fair across all roles. We also offer the following staff benefits:
- Our Employee Assistance Programme which gives you access to a wide range of advice and support.
- Our flexible working policy and enhanced family leave policies so you can balance your role with commitments outside work.
- A generous training and personal development budget to help you focus on the areas you want to improve.
- Employee Life Assurance to give your loved ones peace of mind.
- Regular social events including summer and Christmas parties.
- 25 days annual leave plus all bank holidays.
- A defined benefit pension scheme.
If you’re looking to write a new chapter in your career while helping people see the future in a whole new way, you’ve come to the right place.
Our vision is a world where everyone has access to books that will enrich, improve and change their lives.
Books give people the power to change their lives for the better and create a more equal future. Every year, we offer the opportunity to read to millions.
We work with partners to make sure books that will have the biggest impact go where they are needed most.