Bring the power of books to people around the world
The trusts and foundations we work with prioritise education, literacy and the value of reading to bring economic and social development to some of the world’s poorest areas. It is this shared vision that makes our partnerships successful.
If you represent a trust or foundation and would like to consider making Book Aid International a beneficiary of a one-off grant or multi-year support, we can provide detailed proposals describing a project’s aims, objectives and expected outcomes, how these align with your charitable objectives and budgets that itemise all project costs.
We also provide detailed progress reports, budget reports, case studies and photographs so you can see exactly how your donation is being used and the impact on the children and adults benefitting from your support.
We are currently fundraising for a number of projects. Please get in touch if you would like to find out more.
Children’s Corners create welcoming spaces for children in libraries, helping young readers discover the power of books.
By setting up vibrant libraries in unused classrooms, Explorer Libraries inspire children to explore their world and believe in a brighter future.
By providing more books to classrooms across Africa, our Inspiring Readers project is helping hundreds of thousands children thrive in school.
The People’s Postcode Lottery
Since 2014, players of People’s Postcode Lottery have provided funding of £2,725,000 to help us reach people all around the world who need books.
Book Aid International’s mission clearly aligns with Postcode Education Trusts’s vision for all children to have access to an inclusive and quality education whilst promoting sustainable and lifelong learning opportunities.Laura Chow, Head of Charities, People’s Postcode Lottery
We have received continued support from the Beit Trust since 1981. They are one of our long-term trust supporters and are the major donor supporting our book provision in Southern Africa.
Book Aid International supplies high quality texts across an unmatchable range. They also continue to ensure the regular delivery of over 300,000 books a year to the Beit beneficial countries. We look forward to continuing this partnership, for the benefit of the people of those countries.Sir Andrew Pockock, Secretary to the Beit Trustees
Our trust and foundations supporters:
- Africa Publishing Innovation Fund
- Alan Cadbury Trust
- Arthur Stevens Charitable Trust
- Beatrice Laing Trust
- Corton Hill Trust
- D R Fine Charitable Trust
- Eva Reckitt Trust Fund
- Fresh Leaf Charitable Foundation
- GMC Trust
- Intouch Global Foundation
- Kilpatrick Fraser Charitable Trust
- Merriman Charitable Foundation
- Mona Hatoum Foundation
- Montier Charitable Trust
- Peacock Charitable Trust
- Scotland Community Foundation
- The 29th May 1961 Charitable Trust
- The Allan & Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust
- The Ardwick Trust
- The Beit Trust
- The Bernard Sunley Charitable Foundation
- The Bhutan Society Trust
- The Bryan Guinness Charitable Trust
- The E Alec Colman Charitable Fund Limited
- The Earlswood Charitable Trust
- The Fulmer Charitable Trust
- The GivingForce Foundation
- The Law Society Charity
- The Lennox Hannay Charitable Trust
- The Michael and Anna Wix Charitable Trust
- The MuchLoved Charitable Trust
- The Rest-Harrow Trust
- The Rhododendron Trust
- The Tony and Audrey Watson Charitable Trust
- The Veronica Awdry Charitable Trust
- Unwin Charitable Trust
- The Henry and Rebecca Tinsley Charitable Trust